Sunday 17 August 2014



BIG POTHOLE SAGA IS NEAR CLOSURE


The point of sewer collapse in Blackden Lane
 In the words of Victor Meldrew..."I don't believe it"! But yes, it is true. At long last we are to get highways action on Blackden Lane. For months I have listened - and the property has shuddered -  from crash, bang wallop as vehicles have wheel-dived into a big hole between Bridge House and Brookside Farm. Several months ago after constant banging on at the council about this whacking great  pothole in the road, a TV inspection crew turned up from United Utilities. The men from UU soon discovered the root of the cause.  The ground beneath the road is on the move - a
The public notice in the Chronicle series of  newspapers
s the result of a collapsed sewer. Now to my satisfaction  - and I guess the rat-runners who speed up and down the lane at morning and evening - the Great Hole of Blackden Lane is to disappear as the road is torn up for sewer repairs. The downside is the road is to be closed from August 31 until the completion of  work. Just in case there are any major snags, the closure order is for 18 months but don't fear, it is anticipated all be finished by September 14. Sad the road has to be ripped  up  after Cheshire East Council did such a magnificent  job of re carpeting only last year, but I guess for highways people that is life! The road is to remain open to pedestrians but I'm afraid it is a bit of a detour for anyone else using Church Bank and Blackden Lane as a cut through to Knutsford and Chelford. My informant for all this is a public notice in the latest edition of the  Sandbach Chronicle  - one good reason to buy your local paper - but I  thought the council  would have contacted me and my neighbour, Paul Chaisty, in view of our complaints about the road. Even last week as the Chronicle was published there was nothing on record at the council offices to give an update on the Saga of the Pothole. But I mustn't grumble, the work is to be done,I presume by contractors for United Utilities. And council taxpayers shouldn't have to spend a penny, and what a relief!

*Tap screen or click mouse to enlarge images
Sister website: www.blogsfromthebongs.blogspot.com
This website: www.countynewsandpicturepost.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment